|Name:||Mitchell, John K.|
|Address:||400 Oceangate, 8th Floor, Long Beach, CA 90802|
|Available to Mediate in these Counties:||Los Angeles|
|California State Bar Number:||182223|
|Firm Name:||Trusted Mediators|
|Areas of Expertise|
(willing to mediate cases in these areas):
|* Alternative Dispute Resolution * Bankruptcy * Business/Commercial Litigation * Civil Rights * Consumer Credit * Employment/Discrimination Wrongful Termination * Foreclosure * Personal Injury * Products Liability * Real Estate/Construction * Transportation Law|
|Experience:||At present, I mediate, settle and resolve lawsuits for the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles. I have settled over one hundred eighty(180) cases in less than a year, earning a reputation as a staunch advocate for reasonable solutions to serious problems, dealing with highly emotional situations regularly. I draft binding and enforceable contracts when cases settle to memorialize deals. Additionally, I sit as a Judge Pro Tem in the Superior Court on a weekly basis on average to hear civil and criminal matters for the Temporary Judge Program. I have presided over 1,000 cases and present a pleasant, professional, prudent, patient and polite judicial demeanor. No reversals to date. |
|Work History for the Past Five Years:|| After Bank of America was implicated in the foreclosure “robo-signing scandal,” which in 2010 signaled the beginning of the “Great Recession,” Bank of America hired me to develop policies and procedures, to take the Bank into full regulatory compliance in the foreclosure space. When I finished my work, the Bank enjoyed being the most compliant lender/servicer of all the big banks, an accomplishment for which I am very proud. I strive to achieve superior results for my clients. |
|Education:||UNIVERSITY OF WEST LOS ANGELES, SCHOOL OF LAW, Los Angeles, California|
Juris Doctorate Degree, 1995
- Semifinalist in the Annual Moot Court Competition, exhibiting oral advocacy effectiveness.
- Best Brief Award, demonstrating excellence in legal writing.
- Teaching Assistant and tutor for Contracts and Real Property.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, Davis, California
Bachelor’s Degree in Rhetoric, 1983
- Campaign Strategist for numerous political and social campaigns.
- Ran three consecutive, successful student body Presidential campaigns as Director of Communications.
|Dispute Resolution Training:||CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, NORTHRIDGE, Northridge, California|
- Advanced Professional Development Certificate, Mediation & Cross Cultural Communication for Conflict Resolution (Certified Mediator 100 hours of Advanced Training) 2013
|Dispute Resolution Experience:||Negotiation Counsel for disputing parties, mediating and drafting contractual settlement agreements for the Superior Court of California for Unlawful Detainer, Civil Harassment and Domestic Violence, Civil Lawsuits and debt relief in lieu of bankruptcy. |
- 100% success rate for negotiating and drafting settlement agreements for civil harassments, domestic violence and unlawful detainer cases.
|Professional Licenses:||1. California Bar since 1996.|
2. Former Real Estate Broker and Realtor from 1989 until 2013.
3. No record of discipline from any of these organizations.
|Professional Memberships:||California Bar 1996|